2011 Antares 44i Catamaran
Live your adventure aboard this true world cruiser
The adventure started in 2011 at the launch of Antares 44i s/v Escapade at the Argentine factory. With limited time and a mission to get to the Caribbean, the owners, along with a rockstar crew of friends, set out to make the 5,000 nautical mile, month-long journey up the coast of the South Atlantic.
“The first leg was fast and furious; the second was filled with drama and tension as Escapade fought upwind for 11 days; and the third was a majestic climax that the crew dubbed ‘the best sail ever,’” Shaun, one of the owners, concisely describes that first delivery trip. You can to read about their maiden voyage in Blue Water Sailing magazine.
Since then, Escapade has sailed extensively in the Caribbean and US East Coast, exploring new locations and re-visiting old favorites at a leisurely pace. The one thing the previous owners brought with them was their lifelong passion for fishing.
In fact they were so successful at it, they were asked to make a video explaining their techniques to the rest of us newbies (watch the video below). They typically sail the boat at perfect trolling speed with rod holders mounted on either side of the transom. With a 22-foot beam they can run a wide spread of lures and have plenty of room to land and filet their catch.
Outfitted for blue water cruising, Escapade is ready to explore the world. Brand new, full warranty Volvo engines (installed 2018 after voluntary recall), an in-mast furling system, custom parasailor, upgraded solar panels, a fuel transfer system, SSB with Pactor Modem, watermaker, updated Furuno Navnet electronics with twin chart plotters (2017), Autopilot with remote (2017), AIS transmitter/receiver (2017), SAT phone and fish finder (of course), Winslow 6-person life raft and much more make this Antares the ideal vessel to begin your adventure.
Price Reduced: $685,000
Link here for full listing on our Yacht World page.
- NEW 40HP Volvo Engines (2018 - under warranty)
- Selden in-mast powered furling mainsail
- Custom Parasailor
- iCom IC-M802 SSB radio with Pactor Modem
- KVH TracPhone (FB250) with handset and ethernet data access
- Upgraded additional 2x 100watt solar panels on arch
- Upgraded Two Furuno 3D MFD12 Chart Plotters at helm (2017)
- Upgraded Furuno NavPilot 711 AutoPilot with remote controller (2017)
- Upgraded Furuno AIS transmitter/receiver (2017)
- Winslow Offshore 6-person liferaft
- Fuel transfer system
- Upgraded Trojan 24TMXs deep cycle ship service marine batteries (2018)
- Upgraded New Trojan 12volt marine started batteries (2018)
Fish On! Fishing aboard the Antares
Watch the video on how to fish on the Antares 44i. Antares owner Neil shares his knowledge with a group of owners during an Antares University program held in Hampton, VA.