2004 PDQ Antares 44 ECHO
Around the world and back
When current owners Jeff and Mary moved aboard their 2004 PDQ Antares 44i s/v ECHO, they brought with them years of sailing experience and ambition and began outfitting her with upgrades, including the most recent installation of NEW Yanmar 29HP Diesel Engines with full warranty (Oct., 2018).
They honed their offshore sailing skills and confidence by joining several rallies including the Ocean Cruising Club rally and the Salty Dawg rally, making friends and connections that expanded their sailing world into the Caribbean, Belize, Panama and Colombia. You can read about their rally experience by linking here.
Before buying an Antares, Jeff and Mary were happily living aboard a monohull – that is, until they opened their eyes to the obvious advantages of sailing a catamaran. Jeff writes:
“It started with meeting and visiting catamaran friends and spending time aboard their vessels. We found many characteristics that we found quite intriguing. We liked the living spaces, the storage spaces, and the entertaining spaces.
My break through moment though came in a crowded, rolly anchorage. As I looked about I saw all the monohulls with masts swaying to and fro like metronomes and all the cats bobbing gently upright in the swells. I have always been uncomfortable in a rolling boat at anchor and have spent lots of energy setting up swell bridles and stern anchors to try to minimize the roll in our monohull. Watching those stable cats made the decision for me.
Of all the cats we learned about, the one that seemed to be the best fit for us turned out to be the PDQ Antares 44.”
With upgraded Yanmar 29HP Diesel Engines, electronics, new sails, new dinghy and detailed attention for new interior and exterior upholstery, ECHO is ready for her next owner – whether sailing the Caribbean Islands or exploring the globe.
ECHO is a rare opportunity for an immaculate PDQ Antares 44 catamaran at such a great price point. You can read more about Jeff and Mary and their sailing adventures aboard s/v ECHO on their blog svecho.com
Price: $540,000 USD
Link here for full listing on our Yacht World page.
- New Yanmar 29HP 3YM30 Diesel Engines with full warranty (2018)
- New North Sails Genoa (2017)
- Fully battened square top main. Doyle Offshore spec. (2015)
- New Doyle Furling Screecher (2015)
- Upgraded to Quick 1400 electric windlass
- New Sunbrella cockpit upholstery with back rests (2017)
- Additional Sunbrella extension from hard top to bench seat (2017)
- New cockpit full enclosure panels (2017)
- Upgraded interior upholstery
- Complete electronics upgrades including Raymarine p70 autopilot Head (2017) and Raymarine i70s Multi function displays (2x-2017)
- Spectra Catalina 300 12 volt watermaker mounted in Starboard aft locker with upgraded pump
- New 2016 AB 10AL Aluminum double floored RIB with custom chaps
Sailing around the world in a catamaran
I have been around the world...
Having recently completed a 5-year 'round the world trip aboard their Antares 44 Barefeet, Chris and Erin are back in the US and discuss some of the highlights of their trip - from choosing the right boat to learning to sail and provisioning the galley - watch the series of 5 videos presented by Antares Yachts